The new guidebook to Alberta's prairie rivers
Paddling Alberta’s prairie rivers is easy, relaxing, and rewarding.
You can paddle for a few hours, a few days, or a few weeks. You can camp on any sandbar or island that you like. You can explore badlands gullies and hoodoos, examine dinosaur bones embedded in the mud, view abundant wildlife right from your canoe, spot century-old homesteads in the river valleys, try your luck at fishing, and wander through native grasslands sprinkled with wildflowers. Or you can simply paddle down the river, soak up the sun, and leave all your worries behind.
This guidebook has:
- An extensive primer on prairie river canoeing
- Detailed descriptions of 1200 km of Alberta prairie rivers
- 24 full-color maps with coordinates for GPS navigation
- 37 campgrounds
- Interpretive stories about geology, ecology, and history
- 168 pages, 6"x9" printed on high-quality coated paper
- More than 100 color photographs
Whether you’re a seasoned canoeist or whether you’ve never before held a paddle in your hands, this book will help you plan a successful prairie paddling trip.
Buy Book ... More Information